This page will be updated with further information so please keep checking back.
- NHS Personal Footcare guidance – http://www.knowledge.scot.nhs.uk/home/portals-and-topics/personal-footcare/support-for-self-care.aspx
Personal footcare guidance produced with Scottish Government to help you and your carers to best look after your feet.
- ALFY – Helping You Remain Well at Home
TEL – 01324 567247
The service, which consists of a round-the-clock advice line known as ALFY (Advice Line For You), is available to everyone aged 65 or over as well as family members and other people who may care for them. The dedicated advice line is operated by experienced nurses who will listen to any concerns and make sure callers receive the right help and support.
- ALISS – www.aliss.org
ALISS (A Local Information System for Scotland) is a search and collaboration tool for Health and Wellbeing resources in Scotland. It helps signpost people to useful community support.
- CVS Falkirk – www.cvs.org.uk
TEL: 01324 692000
CVS Falkirk is the Third Sector interface for the Falkirk area. They can provide information on groups in the area; volunteering; organisational support. Website includes a directory of services in Falkirk.
- Action on Hearing Loss – www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk
TEL: 0141 341 5330
Support organisation for people with hearing loss and hearing related conditions.
- Forth Valley Sensory Centre – www.forthvalleysensorycentre.org/
TEL: 01324 590888
Support centre for people with sensory impairment and their families.
- Alzheimers Scotland – www.alzscot.org
TEL: 01324 559480 – Falkirk Office
Support organisation for Alzheimers sufferers and their families. Social groups and support groups throughout Forth Valley.
- Falkirk Council Small repairs service – email@example.com
TEL: 01324 590797 (option 1)
Council run service for; aged 65 and over, with no able-bodied person living at home; or disabled, where there is no able-bodied person living at home and person is unable to do small jobs.
- Addictions Support and Counselling Forth Valley – asc.me.uk
TEL: 01324 874969
Provides a range of counselling and community rehabilitation services for people affected by alcohol and/or drug misuse. Self- and family referrals are accepted.
- Arthritis Care – www.arthritiscare.org.uk
TEL: 0808 800 4050
Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK have joined together to help more people live well with arthritis
- Dial a Journey – www.dial-a-journey.org
TEL: 01786 465355
A friendly and reliable ‘door-to-door’ transport service for people with mobility problems who are unable to use conventional public transport.